[IMG]http://simplefeed.consumerreports.org/rsrc/i/1/_/faceboot_apartmenttrashing_tenants_evicted_after_4 04606946/4.gif?f=3dcb3160-01dc-11dc-32a2-0019bbc55f7f&s=AewyNia7NTvDvhaDemju5DEsbnVsbCwwLDA *[/IMG] Faceboot! Apartment-trashing tenants evicted after party pix pop up on Facebook

Here's a case where socializing and social networking got a couple of apartment dwellers in trouble.

An English landlord evicted her tenants after stumbling upon pictures on Facebook of the renters and* their party guests trashing a rental property she owned.

Carolyn Lorimer, of Folkstone, Kent, was on Facebook viewing a friend's pictures of a spirited bacchanal where the booze-swilling guests swung from chandeliers, danced atop tables clad in thongs, and tore down wallpaper, according to this report in the Daily Mail. Lorimer eventually realized that the revelry was unfolding in an apartment she owned.

Lorimer quickly secured an eviction notice, but the tenants had already moved out, leaving more than $2,000 in unpaid rent and a hefty cleanup bill. "I love Facebook. I think it's a great way to keep in touch?and now I have it to thank for bringing this nightmare to my attention," Lorimer told the Daily Mail.

If you're a Facebook user, you might want to master its privacy settings to avoid any embarrassing situations.?Gian Trotta | e-mail | Twitter

Essential information: Read our guide to running a rental property. And "Neighbor Wars: Keeping the Peace" offers good general advice on how to apply diplomacy, mediation, and litigation to resolve common disputes.

Subscribe now!
Subscribe to ConsumerReports.org for expert Ratings, buying advice and reliability on hundreds of products. Update your feed preferences