Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Muslims: what makes your religion so different to every other religion?

So many muslims have said that differences between muslims and non-muslims are so great that a relationship between muslim and non-muslim is near impossible... but I can't see what the main differences are. Can you help me out? What makes your religion so different to all the others?
    so far:
    charity - other religions give to charity as well. Isn't that a fundamental part of sikhism that free food is available for poor people in the temple?
    praying 5 times a day - other religions pray 5 times a day as well, although I take your point that they're not obliged to do it.
    1 indivisible god - judaism has one indivisible god, christianity has 1 god but in 3 parts although again i take your point that this can be seen as a difference.

So far, none of these differences seem particularly large....
    Muslims have to go on a pilgrimage to mekka - other religions go on pilgrimages as well - for catholics the main ones are Lourdes, Fatima, Garabandal..I'm sure other religions have pilgrimages too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the main difference is the "5 daily prayers" we practice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the God trinity are al the same person and its YHWH not YHVH

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lack of polytheism and forbidding of idols stands out most to me. I don't care how you word the Trinity, it's multifaceted and easily construed as polytheistic. Islam is the ONLY religion I have encountered where Allah is the one and only God, with no equals of any sort. It's the ONLY religion that has made any sense to me at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The difference between a muslim and non muslim is their prayer. If a muslim doesnt pray 5 times daily, they are not following the way of islam. We believe that god has no beginning n surely no end. He created jinns and human solely to worship God. He is not begotten and no offspring. He is different from us. Allah will forgive all sins unless it a sin against Him. Worshipping other then Allah. He has sent thousands of prophets but most people do not believe,( same as prophet muhammad pbuh) some killed the prophets because they do not want to follow the teachings that the prophets brought. All religion comes from Allah, but in some way or the other, its being manupulated to their liking. When we die, only then do we know which religion is the truth. I am grateful that my soul went into a muslim family. A greatest gift Allah has given me. Take care. = .)

Downloads
    Uploads
    first of all a relasonship between a muslim and non muslim is VERY much possible. in my opinion our religion is not much different then every other major religion. the abraham religions are very closely tied when you read the textss.. islam is just the updated version of judaism and christianity.. and many christians would say then why dont you beleive in jesus as the son of god? we dont beleive that because we beleive the presant day bible has been alterted by the non beleivers of the olden times...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well for evey difference there is, there is also a similarity.

For example: We believe in One God, no partners, this contradicts Christianity's trinity concept, yet at the same time, agrees with Judaism and YHWH

Other than that:
    We pray five times a day as an obligation.
    We are obliged to pay charity.
    We are obliged to perform a pilgrimage once in a lifetime.
    --------------------------
    Actually, those other religions are not obliged to go on the pilgrimage.
    Plus, Islam has a strict no separation of church and state.

Downloads
    Uploads
    first of all, what makes us different from christians is that we believe that there is no God but Allah and He is the only God who was never born nor ever had a child i.e. we believe that Jesus was not the son of God but a prophet (pbuh)! secondly, what seperates us from atheists is we actually believe there is a God and we believe in the after life as well as judgement day! and what makes us different from all religions is that we follow the five pillars and we are a religion of peace unlike others claim it to be! it is the true religion and the only religion God approves of and worshippers of Allah will all go to Heaven!