Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to develope a relationship with christ?

Everytime i see christians post they talk about having a personal relationship like every sunday they sit have a beer and play cards....how do you develope this "relationship"? do you know him personally? (meaning have you met him) have you had a conversation with him? Hell even seen him? if your answer is no (and if your sane and have a funtioning brain it will be) then where is the personal relationship?
    i see your claim of having a relationship with mr.crucifix as just empty claims and exagerations like your toiler paper bible
    Jana you say its like getting to know family and friends but your theory has a huge hole in thw fact my family and friends actually exist somewhere besides my head and stories
    Christiana- god didnt save your life your fear of death and inability to commit to your decision to kill yourself are the real reasons your still alive

S-the relationship you describe can also be used to describe a stalker
    Dont actually know in person but you think you know them and when people ask about your obsession call it a personal relationship

Downloads
    Uploads
    like every sunday they sit have a beer and play cards

Christian Counslor DrDeanCrosby's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A personal relationship with Christ is established with an infilling of the Holy Spirit but that's something you won't have to deal with as long as you remain so contemptuous.
    The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A personal relationship with Jesus Christ typically starts with a large personal catastrophe in your life. For me it was addiction to prescript drugs taken with alcohol until one day I had sunk so low that I found myself totally alone, disgusted with myself, my lack of happiness and friends who took but never gave, deciding to kill myself in order to stop all pain and lonliness. I was 25.

Jesus had much better plans for my life that night. I met Him when I had run completely out of ideas, friends and hope. Desparate, I read a little book about Him- the Gospel of John. Jesus introduced Himself to me. Doubting and fighting against God (I thought the whole idea of God was just a nice fairy tale) I yelled at Him to make Himself real to me if He really existed at all. He responded to me through what I was reading in John, changing my heart from hard and hopeless, to actually liking myself- all in about 3 hours. By the end I was sober, full of faith and hope and loving Jesus Christ. My life began to change in ways I could never have expected and could never have controlled.

Jesus saved me almost 20 years ago- from myself. Do you need to be saved?

Downloads
    Uploads
    xians are so full of it that they can't see the lies and exaggerations they tell themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two words: Christian Mingle

:3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only those who wish to know Him personally and love Him more than anything will ever be able to experience that close and loving, calm presence in life.
    Calm yourself down first, and stop the hating for at least a moment.
    Yes, I feel the presence of Christ when I sit down to pray. It's an indescribable feeling - His presence just makes me break down and cry out all my hardships and worries, after which I feel an overwhelming sense of peace take control of me.

I think what you need is that sense of peace in life, because if you just open your mind to Him, you will finally realize what we Christians have been talking about. And not every Christian spends their sunday like how you said. Most of us worship the living God and try to feel His presence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is a good and honest question.
    I'm glad you asked.
    I think the best way for you to figure this out is to spend a week reading the New Testament just like you would read a novel.
    You can probably get through it in a week.
    It would be a good education for you if you are an honest person, and I think you are. It certainly can't hurt.
    Christians believe the Bible is a living book.
    Everything we want to know about God is in that book.
    The relationship that we have with God is that when we feel sad, happy, down, up, we can experience the presence of God.
    He does talk.
    If you read the Bible like I suggest, I would be surprised if you didn't hear a voice and you won't be crazy.

I'd be interested how you make out. I'll be looking for you.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to have faith in him if you want to get to know him. Only the ones who love him have a relationship with him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously, you have attempted spirituality but lacked the desired expected effect or response so gave it up & developed an anger management situation against all those who have succeeded in obtaining a spiritual relationship with the Lord. I can imagine you probably feel frustrated & angry but your anger & lashing out is not hurting anyone but yourself. Think of an old used sponge that is now hard & dry. The goal is to get the sponge wet & use it to clean up a big mess. You stick the sponge under the water but the water just rolls off so your sponge is still hard & dry. You can't use the sponge in it's current state. So you soak the sponge in the soapy water for a while to let it soften. As time passes, it begins to soften & absorb the soapy water & after some more time, it is very soft & soapy & now it is ready to become useful. That's sort of the way unbelievers start out. So when we're ready, the master will take us & immerse us in the spirit that we can begin to absorb so that we can become useful witnesses & serve the Lord. But right now, you're still that hard & dry sponge that refuses to soften up. When you're ready to jump in the bucket, the soapy water will be there waiting for you. Once you turn your life over to Christ, you get to know Him & you begin to develope your own personal relationship with Him. Just like you would get to know any friend or family member, you spend time with them. And yes, the Lord speaks to us through the holy spirit. If you can't hear what He is saying, then you're not listening.