http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/16332/all-star_picks_a_capital_crime

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/08/AR2009010803649.html

No Backstrom....No Semin.....No Green.........whhhhaaaaaaa.......whhhhhhhhhaaaaaa

Every team gets represented and the fans pick the starters........yes, it's a flawed process but the Caps players and coaches have nothing to whine about here.....but it would seem they have turned into a crying bunch anyways. Take someone like Semin......boo-hoo...he isn't going......well I can name a handful of other guys NOT GOING who are more deserved even IF the fans did not pick the starters.

"I don't know why Semin is not over there, and Greenie and Backie. I think they are top players in the league right now," Ovechkin said moments after the Eastern Conference all-star team was announced. "So it's pretty strange for me."

Ovechkin wasn't alone in expressing his disappointment in the choices.

"We understand the process," said Capitals Coach Bruce Boudreau, who remains in the mix to clinch a spot behind the bench. "But as a personal opinion, I don't agree with the process. I agree that people would much rather see the best players in the world rather than one representative from every team."

Boudreau has become such a big baby!
The Flyers had snubs too......people like Gagne were outraged.....

"Last time I went [to the All-Star Game in 2007], our team was in dead last and I went," Gagne said. "It was a great chance for me. So I understand."
It's a crappy all star game.....of course every team needs to be represented.

Christ, they do it in the MLB and THEY PLAY FOR SOMETHING (home field in the World Series).

You don't hear Kimmo Timonen whining that Kaberle is there.
Daven & Craig....I agree.
BennBJ....make no mistake.......Karberle will succeed and thrive on a decent club....probably at an all star calibre.
Joe....that is something that makes this whole complaining act even worse....the fact that if the selection process was perfect, they would still not be there....you mention someone like Mike Richards....guys like Patrick Elias....there are snubs everywhere. Did I read somewhere Detroit only has TWO guys going? Hell....they probably have 5 that can be considered worthy!
What does Washington want.....2 boring Exhibition games so that their B list guys can play?