Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will it make a difference if we complain about a complaint?

The local Turkish carry out food shop across from us used to have a 3am licence, but has had to start closing at 11pm, apparently due to noise complaints. It is situated next door to a taxi office and then a 24 hour shop, which are busy all night, so it seems unfair that the place we all use the most has had to close. the noise can't be that much better tan it was. It's a well run establishment. Can we complain against the complaint - obviously we can, but will it make any difference? There are also 5 pubs around the same bit and when doors are open in summer, it's karaoke hell, louder than the Tv, yet they keep their licence.

actually there are a number of us that often went there for food when we finish work, and 2.30am is not that unusual for us at all. There aren't many options around and this is one of the best places so we all miss it. The proprietor told us he has had to shut early beacuse of the noise complaint and he is very disappointed because it was his livelihood. We feel sorry for him that he is suffering too. He wants to be open, we want him to be open.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you care? Do you go out for Turkish food at 2:30 a.m. all the time? You said they close APPARENTLY because of a complaint. You dont even know if that's the reason. There is probably an appeals process, but I doubt that you have standing to appeal. So it's not so obvious that you can. Assuming there was a complaint that caused the limited hours, I'm sure the proprietor considered his or her options. Or maybe they just got tired of working those hours.