Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will complaining about the CPS help?

I was assaulted by my ex partner and i reported it a few days later after talking to a police man who said he would help getting him convicted as he had got away with it before both with me and with his ex partners. He has been to prison and arrested many times for being an abusive partner and more serious offences and this police officer seemed convinced the system wouldn't let me down this time.
    I gave a statement and waited to hear as advised by the police and last week received a call saying the CPS were not pressing charges as I didn't report it soon enough and his friends had written statements to say I had got my black eye from a fight with a girl and I was a bad witness.
    I have since found out he is now living with a police woman and he bragged to me that they dragged there feet as abuse was high in the public eye and waited till after a certain date, did no checks and he had got away with it.

As you can imagine I am appalled about this and wonder if complaining will make any difference as he said she pulled so many strings, I feel so let down again.

Junior Member rodandalisonthompson's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont assume that its the CPS - they act on the information given to them and by the sound of it they havent been given the correct information.

I would personally complain to the Professional Standards Department of your local Police force.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The system has never worked for me, even as a victim, I'm turned into a criminal.