Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why would an American man complain?

Why would an American man complain? His US born daughter was taken to Bahrain with out her American fathers consent. This is a crime under US law, because US law only cares about fathers paternal rights, not children rights or welfare, is this fair yes or no? The American father still has visitation rights in Bahrain as long as he agrees to follow the laws of Bahrain and gives his daughter and her mother the same respect as a US diplomat gives a foreign head of state, and does not have to pay child support. He also cannot file criminal charged against the mother in US courts, if he wants to get visitation rights. The child is very happy living in Bahrain with her mother. The mother even says that most American women are prostitutes compared to women in her own country?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let the scenario presented in this question serve as a warning to all: if you must marry a foreigner, make sure he/she comes from a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention on International Child Abductions (pretty much the entire 'civilized' world). Bahrain, like most other Islamic nations, does not recognize the Convention. The effect of this is that a spouse, husband or wife, can return to their country of origin with the foreign-born children, without the consent of the other spouse, and there is no recourse.

The question is, why would an American man complain? I think any parent would object to their spouse removing their children from the country, depriving them of custody without consent or access to the judicial process in the country of residence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that is not fair. My husband got to see his first little girl twice before she died of cancer at 13 months and there was nothing he could do about it. It is sad, and unjust but for some reason men won't band together and take the court to task. I guess that's a lot to do with the fathers out there who don't care about their children and would rather pay child support than actively care for their young. As for her, I'd tell her to come see me. I'll show her a hooker. The idiot women in those countries who would rather be a piece of meat with a collar around their neck than have to do any real work. I suppose it may be easier to blindly follow your religion and forced servitude than fight it, but I know one thing, I'd never give up my rights as a human being, or as a father. Call every lawyer you can find for a consultation, someone will help. Ok strike that find some special ops guys host a trip over there and steal her back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jonathon's point in well taken.

A man hardly has rights to parent his child when his authority, and I mean legitimate authority, is usurped by a foreign country and undermined by the mother.

What are you thinking that you can't see the crime that has been committed against this father?!

This is a very disturbing, pathetic situation worthy of many prayers.

The child deserves her father as well, whether she appreciates that or not.

That mother is no real mother. She is too self-centered to have her child's best interest at heart.