Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why will a lot of people not dream of voting for a third party, but rant about

writing someone in on the slip? I mean, they say that voting for a third party would be wasting their vote, yet they want to waste it for real by writing someone in?

The only thing I can understand about it is maybe their fear of splitting the vote... So rather than risking splitting a vote, they want to write someone in...Even that doesn't make a lot of sense, because they are not doing anything to prevent the candidate they don't want from being elected...
    I must admit, though, that I am still doing my research on Write-In Candidates, so please bare with me.
    I see that these votes are countede many times, now... But write-ins seem to have as much or less of a chance than third parties, so why not just vote for a third party?
    I don't think you can waste a vote, either, but I am just repeating what many have said about voting for a third party... I did think that writing-in would be wasting, though... But now seeing that it counts, it is in fact not wasted.

Go Libertarian!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because Republicans gave corporations person-hood so they can give money to candidates. Because a third party cannot put up the money it takes to win against the two corporate funded candidates it is not worth it so we have to go with the party that is more likely to public funded election, these days Obama is the only one attempting to change the system.