Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member ted_of_wildstallions's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is it whenever you complain about the US, people tell you move somewhere else?

Valerie B if you're out there I'd love your response on this.
    see there it is, 'whining about everything', the dollar being worth 42% of what it was in 1999 , inflation threatening to swallow us all alive while the election candidates insult each other isn't 'whining about everything' I've never gotten a government hand out ONCE and work for everything I have, the American way right? So I'll say what I want, I'm not the one fighting and crying about blue collar jobs being sent to China. My profession isn't going anywhere.
    Hey I got a good one:

What if I were to say 'if you don't like blue collar factory jobs being sent to the 3rd world, you can move somewhere else '

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Point. I think when someone complains about the US, they should be encouraged to fix whatever they are complaining about - rather than moving to another country.

However, I have lived in many parts of the world, including South America. In some discussions, encouraging someone to move to another country can be quite a valid request. For two reasons:
    1. It may show them how well off the United States actually is.
    2. For someone who disagrees with democracy and capitalism - it offers them a chance to experience, first hand, an alternative system.

Its like people who use microsoft windows and complain all day about errors and problems. Wouldn't it be valid for someone else to suggest that they migrate to mac?