Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member nappturalbeauty223's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are some people always complaining about black organizations?

NAACP, HBCU, BET, BHM etc.. These people who complain and say it's a double standard, why do you think those organizations were created in the first place? And do you expect those organizations to be destroyed just because "society" partically decides to accept black people.
    Keisha just because their not called white organizations doesn't mean they aren't. I don't know why I'm replying to a troll.
    First of all hun I NEVER got special help. But don't you realize that black colleges exist because we weren't allowed in "white" colleges?

I actually hate BET and all tv programs for that matter but people are always bitching about that too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because some Black people take advantage of the White man accepting them into society, that they abuse the freedom by being more ghetto, not the good Blacks who prove stereotypes by society wrong but the one who embrace poverty and think the streets should be their life. It makes it look unappreciative to people who faught for black rights.

And Keisha is right too. White people always have to be racist devils to some Black people. Like the racist groups, and organizations, some blacks link White people to them, or any group racist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bet isn't a black organization--it is something that hurts AA culture

but, those orgs were created during a certain time period, most of the culture of that time period is gone. yet, those orgs still exist. altho they were created to give AA a fair shot, now the law isn't discriminating against AA, so many feel it is hypocritical to have those orgs still exist.

i agree up to a point, like if the NAACP, shouldn't have the C, it should be for ANYONE who faces a racial prejudice
    HBCU colleges---that is just a term associated with them, they allow whites in. heck they even give whites "minority scholarships" so arguing against those (one of the only places that will give someone a full white scholarship) is stupid

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are organizations for everyone, but African-Americans ones were usually the most promoted, I guess, so it seems like they are getting special treatment.

Every minority group tries to bring down the AA organizations; they're not doing it on purpose, but every time another racial groups, or gay people, or whatever, are fighting for something, the first thing they'll say is 'Well, black people get to do it!' which in some cases is a little insulting to me, because its like saying that black people are on the bottom of the totem pole, therefore whatever they have should be a basic right for everybody/thing under the sun. I even heard a PETA activist say that animals shouldn't be owned because it was just as bad as American slavery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because black people are so fascinating to people.
    just type black men or women on yahoo answers, it's like 30k questions devoted to us.
    Some people are just haters, nothing more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know; truthfully I never heard of any of them organizations and I don't have no problem with black organizations. I don't see why people should complain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there were white organizations you would be outraged.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, some people don't like double standards. Some people think everybody should be treated equally. Some people want to earn their place in life without special help and treatment. If you like double standards and special treatment, good for you, not everyone thinks the way you do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably because hating an individual seems "wronger" than hating an organization. If you hate a person, then it makes you look petty or cruel or whatever, but if you hate a group, it's because of the "group dynamics" or "groups have less integrity" or something like that.

Some groups are bad, sure, and a big group of bad people is worse than an equal amount of non-organized bad people. Mobs tend to get more done than ragtag groups of criminals. But good groups can work efficiently and use different resources than smaller groups or individuals working on their own.

There's a lot of BS in the world. What can I say?