When SIGNIFICANTLY MORE MEN THAN WOMEN are enrolled in trade schools learning well-paid careers?

These blue-collar trade schools aren't counted in the traditional data about university enrollment because its not university:

“For many, women economic incentive is primary. Jobs that are nontraditional for women pay more than traditional female occupations

This study examined the meaning the adult women enrolled in Penn-
sylvania College of Technology gave to their life and work experiences that led them to enter nontraditional majors….

Pennsylvania College of Technology is a public institution within
central Pennsylvania offering educational programs in traditional and advanced technology. It is an affiliate of the Pennsylvania State
University and offers associate and baccalaureate degrees with a strong emphasis on hands-on career programs. Its student body numbers 5000; 67% are male, 33% female. Minority students comprise approximately 4% of the student population."

Women Who Opt for Nontraditional Careers (2002)
http://www.coe.iup.edu/ace/PAACE%20Journal%20PDF/PDF2002/Sullivan2002.pdf
Don't kid yourself: there is plenty of book-learning involved, in addition to the hands-on stuff. I would want my electrician to have a "sound grounding" in what was discussed in the textbooks.
The idea is to make you "well-rounded", and so to make you educated. I had to take linguistics and my degree had nothing to do with linguistics. I know a nursing student who was moaning about having to take an english literature (essay writing) class. Get over it, its good for you.