Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are ppl complaining so much about skinny girls?

Not all skinny girls are anorexic, some just naturally can't gain weight. Why should they stuff themselves with unhealthy food and get cholesterol and other problems just because people say they're "too skinny?"

Aside from people with eating disorders, I think thin or slim girls generally work harder to look that way (work out, eat healthier food), so why are people saying they send the wrong image? Excercise and eating healthy food are the right image, it's just most people dpn't feel like working that hard so they complain.

Anyone else feel this way?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Society needs to take a good look at itself when it starts telling healthy people that they need to change their lifestyle to become unhealthy just to be the same as the majority of society.

We also need to stop telling unhealthy people to feel happy with their body, but that's a story for another day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the issue that some people have is that the media likes to pound it into our heads that only very skinny women can be considered beautiful, which is absolute rubbish! All women are beautiful whatever sizes we come in. However, when women feel like they must devote their lives to working out and denying themselves, starving themselves or becoming obsessed with their body image in order to live up to unrealistic expectations, that is unhealthy and they ARE sending the wrong message no matter how hard they have worked at it. Being extremely underweight is just as dangerous and unhealthy as being extremely overweight. There are more important things in life than trying pathetically hard to look a certain way just to please other people.

When the media (and society in general) finally wakes up and realizes that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, colours, etc. then maybe us women will finally grow up and stop attacking each other and start supporting each other like we should.