let me start with a little back story i guess..
we have a 2 1/2 year old male basset hound. we've had him a year in october. i'm pretty sure he was severely beat before we had him, because he has scars on his body and he is terrified of children. he is a very timid dog, but it has never been problematic, he just seems to have trust issues, but he'll eventually warm up to you.
starting monday, i have been taking him on much longer walks than what we usually take him on. i don't know if it's because we've had 105-110 temperatures before and now it's starting to cool down in our area and now he just wants to be outside all the time to enjoy the weather, but he will not stop whining!
he will lay on our beds and whine and whine, not do anything else.. or he'll be out in the living room with us and still whine. even when we're petting him, he whines.. this behavior hasn't started until this past monday, and it's now thursday.

he hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary that maybe is causing him pain in his stomach, he doesn't have worms (he did about a month ago, he was giving a de-worming medicine and antibiotics to get rid of them) i really don't know what else could be bothering him except he just wants to go outside. well, we live in an apartment, so we can't just let him out in a back yard to let him be outside, and i really don't think it's separation anxiety, because we have done nothing differently other than taking him on a longer-than-usual walk...
if anyone else's dog has behaved like this or if anyone has any advice, i would greatly appreciate it.