Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is it that majority of successful black people don't complain about racism?

Clarence Thomas, Larry Elder, etc.

These people are mainly Republican and they never complain about racism yet they are the most successful blacks.

Educated responses only please. Don't bother answering if the only words in your vocabulary are "racist" and "bitch."

Thank you.
    Yes I know there are people like Opera who believe racism exists on a large level against African-Americans but she's just one person and to be honest she's only a television host.

People like Clarence Thomas are far more educated and fair than her. She wouldn't even let Sarah Palin come on her Television program simple because she is a Conservative. That's rather close-mind.

Ed- I'm not saying Opera is uneducated. I'm saying she's not as educated as the first African-American Supreme Court Justice in this nation's history: Clarence Thomas.

Clarence Thomas grew up way earlier than Opera. I doubt Opera can even remember the 50's.
    Ed- Yes, she can decide who she wants and who she doesn't want on there but does that make it right? Of course not. The same logic could be used to say if a white person owns a restaurant "it's THEIR restaurant and they can decide to not let black people in."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Majority of educated black people don't complain about racism, not just the rich. People like Oprah only say that cause remember, she grew up when racism was shown in public,etc. You can't say he's more educated and fair than her. You sound close-minded by putting Oprah on such a low level. So what if she didn't let Palin on her show? It's HER show, and she can decide who she wants and there, and who she doesn't. Obviously it doesn't seem like you know much about her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Racism is based on the view that one is a victim. Those that are successful cannot proclaim victimization.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Complain about racism? What racism?
    Did you know that Barack Obama was just elected?
    So that ATLEAST 50% of the population will look BEYOND the color tone, matter in fact nominate an african american president?

"She wouldn't even let Sarah Palin come on her Television program...That's rather close-mind."

Is this true, did Opera really do this? If so, say "she DIDN'T even let Sarah Palin..." Otherwise you're saying Opera is close minded because of your assumption of what Opera would do.

No one likes a complainer.

Just because they are educated, that they should notice the racism? Are you implying that african americans are ignorant of racism because when they don't have education?

I know I'm gonna get flamed cause I didn't answer your question and I am DESPISING YOU, but heed my words.
    Don't hate them just because they aren't words you are familiar that shows a different opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course this question will raise some uproar. But I understand what you mean.

I think that if a black person is unsuccessful, they feel it is because of their skin color, and not their education etc.

I think in a way they have been conditioned to think, if I don't get a job and the boss/manager is white, then they are racist.

I think the book "Stupid Black Men" written by Larry Elder who is black himself, he speaks about things like this.

But if you look at Obama etc. really educated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Racism is still quite alive. However, successful blacks aren't busy complaining about it because they don't deal with it or maybe other people just don't hear them talking about it. I don't know if Clarence Thomas is a good example of a successful "Black" person. I believe he is a man who hates being black. Others like President Obama and myself don't complain, we make things happen and when we do encounter it we deal with it head on. Like 2 weeks ago in my public speaking class, my instructor wanted to drop me from his class after I missed one day. I missed that day because I was working with my national guard unit. The syllabus says you are dropped if you miss 5 days. I am the student who brings notes and facts to class and corrects him if he makes an irrational or non factual comment. The dean who is white sat with us and stated he believe I was being dropped because I am black and that is what all the evidence pointed to. You tell me is racism extinct? All black people do not play the race card, times are changing. Our ancestors fought and bled so we would not have to. Racism is still at large, but I don't walk around all day hearing all black people successful or not playing the race card!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because people who are successful make things happen rather than make excuses.

Junior Member tbtlkAznLatWUnity's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do not want to rock the boat and lose their status and wealth.