Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen rant about every little thing?

A White Sox pitcher could pitch a perfect game with the final score being 1-0, and Guillen would say, "We're playing like s***! I'm not protecting anybody no more!" Why would he spoil a great moment like this with a rant about a lack of offense?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to think he was just some foolish idiot who got off on yanking reporters. But the more I see of it (I am a Tigers fan by the way) the more I think there is some genius to his methods. Odd no doubt but he keeps the Chicago press off the players and keeps it directly pointed at him all the time. The Sox have no shortage of quotable guys in that clubhouse yet he somehow keeps the reporters from getting any thing other than a snipit from any of them. Plus that creates incentive for his guys to go and a play hard for him, make no mistake they know he is helping them. Not the preferred style of managing in the mainstream but for whatever crazy reason it has gotten them to the promised land once and they are in the catbirds seat again this year. Personally I would love to punch him square in the mouth but Sox fans should embrace his lunacy....he wins and that is all that really matters at the end of the day.