My girlfriends dog often comes to stay at my house when she does, and she whines constantly while she's here.

Bit of background info: She's well fed and gets taken for a walk/run almost every day when she's here, as one of my housemates takes her with him when he goes running. She's a social dog, she loves people, and to start with everyone was giving her scraps of food and stuff. When she's in my room with us and she hears the stairs or someone go into the bathroom she jumps up and stands by the door and whines. We tell her no and send her to her bed and she sits there and whines instead >.<

The thing is though even after having been walked and fed and everything, she still whines. We've made everyone stop giving her bits of food now, and she only occasionally gets treats if she's been good, and we make her sit and give her paw for them. She likes being around everyone I guess because she thinks she's going to get food out of it, then as soon as she's not, she starts whining really loudly.

We've been sending her to her bed and ignoring her whining, is that the best way to go? Thanks!
Not sure if there's a way to reply to actual answers so I figured I'd stick some extra info in here >.>

I don't think she's homesick; my girlfriend lives with her sister and she has this ratty little terrier thing who's half the size of our lurcher but bullies her around loads. He's bitten her before and she's had to wear a cone for ages, and she's scared of him so won't leave my girlfriends room normally, unless we're with her. When we eat dinner in the living room she won't come down so stands on the stairs whining >_< I don't think she'd be homesick tbh, she gets more attention at my place too.

Also, I think her collar's fine. Thanks for the suggestions though