Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my almost 3 month old cry/scream in the afternoons when someone

other than mommy tries to hold her? Just recently she started this. I will pick her up from the sitter and she is fine for about 2 hours, I play with her and talk to her, then I put her in her bouncy so I can start dinner and wait for my husband to get home. When my husband gets home and talks to her or tries to pick her up she screams. Last night my MIL came over to see her and she started screaming when she picked her up, my MIL tried to soothe her by going bathe her (she LOVES her bath) but she cried the entire time! She does not stop until mommy takes over, I try not to but it is very hard. She also did it with the sitter the other morning (she has been going for 2 weeks now). The sitter said she cried for almost an hour and she couldn't soothe her. She also goes to my moms some days and my mother says she has NEVER done this with her. I am at a loss of what to do. I feel horrible for my husband and don't understand why she does this. Advice needed please - Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am the proud grandmother of a almost 4 month old...he only likes his mother! As well it should be. He loves me to play with him and smiles a lot but when it comes to comfort or holding...it's all about mom. My daughter-in-law would like a break but baby won't have it. Mom is the primary caregiver (and his strongest bond) and until he is older--his preference will be MOM. This is perfectly normal and shows good bonding. Relax and take care of baby--perhaps dad can make dinner and Mother-in-law can help in other ways while the baby is getting what she wants...her mommy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its probably just a phase. She should stop in a few months or weeks hopefully!

When she is at the sitters, leave something that smells like you. A night shirt or something with a light spray of your perfume. That way your smell can soothe her.

And NO!! She is NOT spoiled. There is no way you can spoil a child that is under 6 months old. She just knows what she wants and it happens to be mama!

Downloads
    Uploads
    She many just be spoiled. She will get through that phase

Downloads
    Uploads
    my son did that, and he had a bad case of reflux...only would let me hold him. Sucked for a while there! :-)