Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my 11 yro have to fight and argue about everything with me?

I'm a single mom with a wonderful 11 yro daughter. We live (rent) with my parents. My parents & I have A LOT of history which included physical, mental & emotional abuse. They are VERY controlling and tell me what to do, as well as treat me like a child (I'm 43) all the time. My daughter see's everything. I try not to put her in the middle but they always say things to her so she confronts me, like she is my mother! On top of this, they give her 10$ a week for "allowance" & she will NOT DO ANYTHING!! My mother informed me, in front of my daughter, that it's my responsibility to clean her room like she was when I was little. I decided in Oct I have had enough & stopped all communicatiion with them. I have no control over any part of my life, least of all with my daughter. She always talks

back & is disrespectful towards me. I would die for her! I just want to runaway n leave her with my parents so she's be happy. Please don't suggest talking to my parents as I have tried everything. They jst dnt like me (as they've told me this many times) My failed relationship with my own parents is more than heartbreaking BUT having the same kind of relationship with my own child is more than I can take. Thank You

Downloads
    Uploads
    First thing you should do is move out, get your own place for you and your daughter.
    When you get into your own place then you lay down the law to your daughter explaining how things are going to be and who's in charge.
    You need to put a stop to the talking back by letting her know that it comes with punishment which is a booty whipping, a other restrictions which you can impose.

If you don't try and take control of your daughter now, she will continue to disrespect you and never will obey or have respect for you in anything you say or do.

The bible says; Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.(Proverbs 22:15)

You are just gonna have to step it up and get away from your parents and do life where as you are in control by not letting your daughter make the decisions, and not letting your parents decide either.

I hope the best for you.

later.........

Downloads
    Uploads
    She's an 11 year old girl. She's entering puberty which mean hormones and more emotion. Just keep strong and tell her that her behavior is unacceptable

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out that an 11 year old gets more allowance then me,
    Im sadder then you are right now.
    I do chores like 24/7.

D:

oh yeah btw just like..
    Tell your daughter to calm down and like
    own her with your call of duty skillz and quik scope the shit of of her roflmaoszors

Downloads
    Uploads
    He wants attention.
    Even if it's angry attention, or happy attention, he needs it.
    I suggest you spend more time with him and try to be happy with him

Sam

Downloads
    Uploads
    First thing you should do is move out, get your own place for you and your daughter.
    When you get into your own place then you lay down the law to your daughter explaining how things are going to be and who's in charge.
    You need to put a stop to the talking back by letting her know that it comes with punishment which is a booty whipping, a other restrictions which you can impose.

If you don't try and take control of your daughter now, she will continue to disrespect you and never will obey or have respect for you in anything you say or do.

The bible says; Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.(Proverbs 22:15)

You are just gonna have to step it up and get away from your parents and do life where as you are in control by not letting your daughter make the decisions, and not letting your parents decide either.

I hope the best for you.

later.........

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe you should try to check into low income apartments so you can raise your daughter in your own. its never going to be how you want it as long as you live with your parents. your daugter treats you that way because you let her. when she starts to talk disrespectful to her you should tell her you will not listen to her speking to you that way. if she wont stop there should be some form of consistant disipline action. try checking out the love and logic website, they have some good advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    She's an 11 year old girl. She's entering puberty which mean hormones and more emotion. Just keep strong and tell her that her behavior is unacceptable

Downloads
    Uploads
    you need to get out;; yesterday;; your dtr has no respect for you because your parents don't, nor do you..so she's treating you as she knows what's going on around her..if your parents dog you all day, why would you not think that your dtr would consider you inadequate?? you've explained this, but you haven't heard it..I think what's stopping you is that fear of doing this on your own;; but your relationship with your dtr will only get better if you show her that you can get her in a more stable environment for the two of you...please stop coming up with excuses of why you can't get out on your own;; there are MANY resources out there to help you, & @ 43 you should know how....helps to get child support also...also helps to set your own guidelines once you get into that new rental of your's..find your resources, girl, you can do this, ya just gotta pick that butt up & stop feeling sorry for yourself....truly!!! you've only got 2 yrs before the sh** hits the fan..gotta get control now...