Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member IKilledAmandaPalmer's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do you think that people complain about the state of music (or lack

thereof), but when you try to help...? Why do you think that people complain about the state of music (or lack thereof), but when you try to help by either showing them good musicians/bands, they ignore you?

Here's one example, though I have several. I'm a regular in Rock&Pop, under the Music section. Nearly everyone there whines either about A) how terrible modern music is, or B) that everyone talks about the same bands over and over and never introduces anything new.

A) When I try to explain that they simply haven't looked hard enough, and list some bands or some ways to find music that they like, they never reply/edit back (unless it's to insult of course)
    - Are they truly sickened by the state of modern music, or are they just looking for people to agree with them?

B) I used to ask questions asking what people thought of this or that band, and I got on average 3 to 5 answers (and there are dozens upon dozens of people in that section, it's quite big). Yet whenever someone asked something stupid like "How much do the Jonas Brothers suck?", they get 30 answers. What the hell? We all know they're terrible, what's the point of that?

So I guess I'm just confused .... are these people just complaining just to complain? Is the music not first like they claim it is?

Sorry for the long info ...
    Nice. I suppose I am complaining. Yeah, I guess the answer is that it's not a help site, it's just a giant forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well of course they're just there to complain. I mean, you're complaining now too aren't you? One of the things that a lot of people like is the ability to rant on Y!A and get a lot of responses. Yeah, there are some good questions, but the majority are just people ranting and complaining. It's not any different here than it is in the music section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beauty is in the eye, or in this case ear of the beholder. And yes, a lot of people just like to b#tch.
    Growing up in the early 60's through the 70's I loved the music. But, a good song is more than the music, it is sum of all it's parts. My favorite types of songs are ones that tell a story I can relate to.
    Just my take.

Be well all!