Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    mama mzuri

Why do teachers in UK complain that their jobs are difficult yet they are lax

to set disciplinary boundaries? The impeding teachers' strike seems to me a symptom of corporate unwillingness to do what they are supposed to (teach) and not really about pay. The kids and their parents are innocent.

by innocent, i mean in the pay dispute not in behaviour. of course i agree with all you about lack of parental responsibility. i am a parent myself& often is appaled at how badly some kids really are. sorry for not being clear in the first place

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only boundary they can set is to throw the gobby shites out of the class.Teachers have their hands tied. Setting boundaries starts at home, some kid's aren't scared anymore about what their parents will do if they act up in school,so what chance have the teachers got.You'll also find some parents starting on the teachers if they try to dicipline their out of control kid's,its crap.

Albert is bob on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the liberal PC proponents will not allow them to discipline the kids..
    One wrong look and the teacher would be fired and/or sued.

Not all kids or parents are innocent. Just read the news reports about court cases for proof.