Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why do teachers complain about their job?

okay so soooo many teachers complain about how they dont get payed enough and crap like that but they get the whole damn summmer off and winter breaks and spring breaks so why the hell are they fricken complaining!!!! and some teachers just act like they hate kids so why the hell would u become a damn teachers?????

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. They have one of the hardest jobs in the world.
    2. They are charged with watching, teaching and protecting the most precious of cargo.
    3. When a kid screws up, it's somehow the teachers' fault.
    4. When a kid has bad grades, it's somehow the teachers' fault.
    5. When a kid has serious issues and behavioral problems, they have to deal with that child on a daily basis AND manage their other students. They don't get to opt out or pick and choose which kids they get in their classroom.
    6. They have to watch at-risk children return to homes filled with food insecurity, poverty, addiction, neglect, physical and sexual abuse, etc.
    7. They have to deal with parents of privileged children complain that their child is not getting individual, specialized attention - because they are supposedly the best and the brightest.
    8. They are not just teachers, but disciplinarians, mentors, social workers and therapists.
    The list goes on and on and on. Teachers deserve every penny they make and more. I wish everyone had to spend a week as a teacher.

Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have any idea how much stress teachers have? they work so much to prepare lessons for 2-3 classes a day (depending on what type of school they teach). they don't just get off from work at 3 or whatever. they go home and prepare for the next day. they probably do a lot of work on the weekends too. and they also work in the summer and other vacations

Downloads
    Uploads
    SOME!!! teachers are just damn idots that hate their life their sad depressing people its not the students fault just their messed up mind and for complainging they should cause they have 1 of the easiest job in the world

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I be honest with you? I hear a lot less teachers complain about their jobs than medical workers. And teachers make less! explain that! I hear more nurses and x-ray techs moan and complain about their jobs and their schedule is a lot more free than a teacher's. I hear doctors too but they really have no life because of what their job requires, which I totally understand. I am not bashing nurses or x-ray techs, I am an x-ray tech right now, but I am being honest. When I talk about anything work related I get a lot more negative feedback medical staff than with teachers. Hearing what some of my friends go through as teachers, I honestly wouldn't know which job is more stressful. We have critical lives on our hands, but teachers take on the responsibility of sometimes more than 30 students. That is A LOT of people to watch over.

Please do not take the teachers personally! They are not blaming you why their job is so stressful unless you are personally trying to make their life a living hell. Sometimes the facility that they work for are not providing all of their needs to be able to do their job more efficiently, such as good running computers, so that can be very frustrating. A lot of teachers are also financially hurting as well. We all know how that feels. Trust me!!! It is nothing against you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First - I am playing devil's advocate here - they are not paid all that much. Teachers go to college for at least 4 years and incur a tremendous amount of debt. Many teachers also have to substitue teach for years prior to earning a full time position. This does not pay hardly anything. Starting teacher's salaries are not good when compared to other professions. In addition the whole damn summer is not the whole damn summer either. This time is frequently used to catch up on curriculum and professional development that is state mandated but not paid for by the state. In addition, you cannot take any time during the school year and on average many teachers work 10 hour days as the job does not end with the bell. There is also work done on weekends and during Christmas break (why do you think that most projects are due around those times?) Most do not hate kids either but discipline in schools is bad at times because students are not held accountable for their behavior and academic effort. Put it this way, most kids will say that they earned an A when they do well. However, when they fail, they say that the teacher GAVE them an F. By the way, while you are on some of these breaks, teachers are at school working. If you feel that the job is so easy, then I suggest that you become a teacher and walk in their shoes. Your perspective would be a little different to say the least.

For the posters that say that teachers get into teaching for the lifestyle please......I have worked in other jobs and was an army officer. Teaching is one of the most restrictive lifestyles around. In what other job can an adult not use a bathroom when needed? We cannot go on vacations when we want nor can we make doctor's appointments when needed. A teacher's lifestyle is not glamorous by far. In addition, we can't say what we want when we want to. We cannot post things online that other may consider to be non-teacherly. We are under scrutiny of the communities that we teach in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, lets see if I can give an answer to the person that thinks it is weird to miss your teachers & thinks I am weird for liking them! Well teachers do not complain about their jobs necessarily because they are not in for the money, they like to teach kids & help them succeed! So I don't know where you are getting this idea from!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Bell View Post
    okay so soooo many teachers complain about how they dont get payed enough and crap like that but they get the whole damn summmer off and winter breaks and spring breaks so why the hell are they fricken complaining!!!! and some teachers just act like they hate kids so why the hell would u become a damn teachers?????
    that's weird for sure.