Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do some conservatives believe in social Darwinism but complain about the...

...teaching of evolution in schools? Are they even aware of the contradiction of preaching survival of the fittest in society while clinging to the fantasy that the Bible is literally true and going on about how evolution is "just a theory?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a conservative and I support the teaching of evolution and believe in it as a concept.

Thus, your point is invalid. Moving on now......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Allowing individuals to go as far in life that their abilities will allow is NOT social Darwinism. It does not preclude anyone from achieving success. As far as the issue of evolution, it's more a Fundamentalist Christian thing than it is a political Conservative one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evolution IS a theory.... there are some facts that support the theory but that's it.

"hands off" capitalism is probably the only part of social darwinism accepted by conservatives.

I'm not sure why you're cherry picking... I can say Hitler was a brilliant leader, but that doesn't mean I'm saying he wasn't evil. You know what I mean?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that most conservatives believe in creationism. That's a pretty "backwoods" way of thinking. I believe that most conservatives are well versed in evolution. You really can't argue evolution with creationism. I mean you could, but you'd have to be rather uneducated and brainwashed by evangelical Christian beliefs. NONE of my conservative friends deny evolution nor do they have any objection to teaching Science in school.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evolution is a theory, and I have no problem with it being taught as just that.