Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    child of God

Why do so many people complain "it's not fair" when they speak about an...

...aspect of God's Law & judgment? This usually occurs right after they hear something they don't like being revealed to them, or when a sin is talked about that they are currently indulging in. For instance, I've heard people say that "it's not fair" that who goes to heaven & hell is decided entirely upon whether or not one has accepted Christ's plan of salvation. Or, "it's not fair" that there are people who are attracted to the same sex and acting upon it is considered a sin.
    Where is all of this confusion about whether or not "it's fair" coming from? It seems more than logical to me that the Creator of the Universe and of all the Laws within it, including those that govern mankind, should be able to arbitrarily set whatever standards He so chooses. Your thoughts?

For those still confused: My question does not suggest "might makes right" it simply states that God has set the standards and those standards APPEAR arbitrary to mankind, but not to God, who changes not. If His punishment was meted out arbitrarily, then I would understand more the position of "it's not fair..." but the wages of sin is death and the plan of salvation is AVAILABLE to ALL. That's not how a playground bully works---a bully targets the weak, in a self-serving system, and only changes his ways when confronted and threatened. God provides mercy and grace to those who seek it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is, life is a 3-act play....

Taken in it's entirety, this 3-act play is completely fair, problem is that we don't remember act 1, we're living in act 2, and not everyone agrees about act 3.

Act 1- Stuff happened in heaven before we were born that affect this life... and we don't remember a darn thing!

Act 2- So here we are, living a life that just seems so darn arbitrary b/c we've basically stepped on stage without any kind of script. No wonder it's confusing!!

Act 3- Some people don't even think there's an act 3, let alone what will happen to wrap up the end of this amazing story.

God wrote this play. He knows how it will all work out. I have confidence in His justice and mercy.

Wise Duck
    Because morality is instinctive and many things in your religion go against it.

This whole good people go to hell just because they don't worship your god is a prime example.

That is not fair in any meaning of the word.

Junior Member CitizenaEvolutionary's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, honey, domination/submission games aren't for everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, thank you. I agree totally.

nebtet
    hmmm so you're basing your concepts of justice on the "might makes right" premise which means you believe it's righteous of a schoolyard bully to beat up and bloody school mates smaller than himself ... because he can.

or

because a set of parents have brought a child into this world, house, feed and clothe that child it's okay for them to arbitrarily severely punish the child on a whim. after all, the child wouldn't even exist were it not for the parents.

sorry but that's a sick and sadistic philosophy. i sure hope you don't have any children. apparently justice need not be just and might makes right so you'll arbitrarily punish your children on a whim and allow bullies to beat them up.

Serving Lord Jesus
    It is because there is a difference in the god they want and the God that is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are correct! That IS the Satanic opinion.

Tree Croaker
    They have become lovers of darkness more then lovers of light. In darkness they can not see there sins. The light reveals there sins and every one can see there sins. That is why in this day and time they do not wont to call sin SIN. For if they loved Light they would heat there sins. For Jesus is the light of the World.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then I do not worship a cruel and unfair deity.
    Most Christians believed in: " If God says it's right, it's right".