Every day I see someone buying a Polaroid or Vizio or any of that other low-end garbage, then they complain when it quits working after the warranty period ends. They just love to argue about how much Polaroid and Vizio will put Sony and Panasonic out of business. Hell, I have a friend right now who says you get the same quality out of a cheaper brand. No you do not! Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi, Pioneer, and Mitsubishi build their OWN TV's and use GRADE A parts. The cheap brands just lump parts together in one set, even if the voltage rating is not the required rating for that particular part. This makes it hard on the other parts and shortens the life of the entire set. Sony and Panasonic LCDs are better than any cheap LCD. They don't seem to be bothered by Vizio because they know they will always have the best technology and service. Even long after the warranty expires, you will still be able to find parts for your TV. Not so with Vizio or Polaroid.
Stick with the big brands. No substitutes!

My friend's Polaroid TV now has a built-in DVD player that does not work anymore. The screen sometimes blinks. (It only took a year)

My 37 inch Panasonic VIERA LCD--not one problem! Still works like new!
Buy the better brands! Quit being a Knock-Off Nigel!!