Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people complain that the economy in America is bad?

Okay, maybe it's not as blazing hot as it used to be. But I work in energy consulting, and my salary has never been higher. Business is busier than ever.

Anyways, I just took a vacation with my girlfriend to France, and when I boarded the plane at JFK airport, it was fairly full, and there were lots of well-off Americans on it. Clearly the economy is not hurting THEM.

Plus, we just had reports that Black Friday spending INCREASED over last year.

Yeah, the stock market is antsy, and some banks are not in great shape. But the economy seems fine to me, and it seems fine where I live. Why are Americans whining so much? Is this something that mostly affects the lower classes? But they were never in good shape to begin with, so I don't see how this is a big shift in their condition.
    Why don't you guys retrain as geohydrologists or deepwater divers/welders? Those careers are in demand right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You must not mingle much in the real world. Where I live several of the stores are closed. A couple factories are closed. Where I work half the work force has been laid off, the rest of us are only getting to work 3 days a week. The biggest , best paid place to work here has laid off over 2,000 people and are planning on laying off 400 more. Some one answered you saying any one who wanted a job could get one. Not around here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shut up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what they see from the media so they believe it and it also gives people something else to blame Bush for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The media