Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people complain that Britain gives too much money away in foreign aid?

The UK has the second highest foreign aid budget in the world (in £ terms, not as a % of GDP). Surely, as one of the richest nations on earth, it is our duty to give to less developed nations?

I know there are problems here in the UK, but atleast you are almost guaranteed water, heat, light, education, health care, a social services and support apparatus. People, in my opinion, don't know how lucky they are. Why do people complain when the government spend money on something which has the potential to lift literally billions of people out of abject poverty (way beyond the UK definition of poverty)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Development_Assistance

Downloads
    Uploads
    because the people we give it to hate us anyway...the two largest contributors, the UK and the US are also the most hated nations on earth...so to be quite honest Id rather they didn't give my money away to people who don't like me.