Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people complain about gas prices?

Our gas prices are VERY cheap compared to the rest of the world. Stop wasting your money on things you don't need, earn a high paying job, and stop complaining.

And yes I do work for the oil companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But America is larger than other countries, so we need to spend money on gasoline to get to work. Why don't they raise the price of beer and cigarettes instead of gasoline?

Downloads
    Uploads
    u complain over $4.09 for a gallon of gas we pay $10 dollars £5.20 over here in the uk for the same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    By complaining about gas, many people have an opportunity to say something about the overall economy and the Bush Administration.

And, someone mentioned raising the price of beer or cigarettes? As found on a page from the FTA, tax rates on cigarettes have already begun to increase/a "Tax rate is scheduled to increase to $2.00 per pack on September 30, 2008." Additional taxes in different counties and cities have also been imposed.

It's a little difficult when high paying jobs are outsourcing and making employee cuts, and especially when the number of college drop-outs have increased. While some people have only themselves to blame, I think most are justified in making and bringing their complaints to their government. And even employees (and employers) of high paying jobs depend on the menial labor of the middle and lower classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a high paying job and I still think that paying 4.09USD for a gallon of premium gas is rediculous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea but our country is considerably bigger than most of the others. Many of us drive an hour to our jobs one way. I don't but that is a normal thing in this country. Especially in Texas and other states that size, everything is so spread out.

I can afford my gas, I do waste my money on things I don't need, and I do have a good job. That wont stop me from complaining about the big bonuses the CEO's of some of the oil companies are bringing in.
    Why are you so concerned if people complain about the gas prices? Some elderly are on fixed incomes and public transportation may not be present in their city.

And yes I do work for the oil companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at NYMEX and see how fuel prices have increased over 5 1/2 fold over the last 8 years. That's why people are complaining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    cuz it cuts in their ability to spend money on classy prostitutes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    why r u asking this smart one you need to ask ?s that you really wanna know and your here asking the ? that everyone knows the answer to and believe me you know the answer to it to so go spend your points on another ? k