Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do I like to complain so much?

I realized...I like to complain...I like to rant whatever I'm thinking about...I know my mom is also one of those people who like to complain a lot?

Is there a reason why I complain so much and why I like to rant out what I'm thinking?

Another question is, is it bad to complain?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are too opinionated. Probably need to become an attorney.

Junior Member MrseEliGoldsworthy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is bad to complain. It puts you in a bad mood because you start dwelling on everything negative. You probably picked up the complaining habit from your mom.

The best thing to do is work on it...when you feel like ranting about something, stop, take a deep breath, and look at the situation from a different perspective. Is it really as bad as it seems? Now start thinking about other things to distract you until you've forgotten your complaint completely. You'll be a much happier person in the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's bad to complain. In fact, it's a sickness in our modern western culture, which is partially why so many people end up depressed and suicidal.

Basically, it's like this: your life will become what you think it is. If you spend all day looking at the world around you, and thinking "this sucks", then your life will become hell. If, however, you look at everything around you and find something beautiful in it, then your life will become heavenly -- joyful. I believe this simple message is what all religions were originally trying to teach people: simply how to life with joy and love for the world around you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is probably out of habit. i tend to do that as well.i guess when we have nothing better to do that's what we do.
    well it isn't bad to complain but then doing it too much can be a bit of a drag to the people around you.
    so just learn to relax and appreciate things how they are atleast that's what im trying to do .hehe

good luck =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it bad to complain all the time? YES, especially if you don't balance negative comments with positive ones.

Why do you complain so much? HORMONES. Once you are done with adolescence, you will probably stop complaining about anything and everything.

TRY THIS: Instead of bitching about something that really upsets you, try the SPEAK SOFTLY TACTIC:

Example: Your mom did X and you're angry. Normally you would come right after her and start telling her how upset you are, bla bla bla. NOW just be calm and say "Mom I'm upset that you did X" That's all. I will give her the chance to defend herself, or recognize what she did was wrong. If you come at her with fury she will answer back with fire, which never solves anything.