Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do fans complain about Cena's move-set when historically fans have

supported wrestlers with limited skills? Why do WWE fans complain about John Cena's limited wrestling in-ring ability when traditionally they have supported wrestlers with limited wrestling ability in the past? Such wrestlers as Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Ahmed Johnson, The Rock all had limited in-ring ability but fans cheered for them and supported them in the past but nowadays they criticize Cena for having a limited grasp of wrestling holds and mock him because he knows only "five holds." Why is that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude Cena is BORING. He needs to step down,and put younger talent like The Miz over more,hell he dont even let experienced talent live The Big Show get over.

At Goldberg(HSM):Out of all those moves you named in Cena's daily matches he only does STF,FU,Hip Toss,Five Knuckle Shuffle,Clothesline,Diving Fame Asser,Spin-Out Powerbomb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why haters think that way, but this is my theory. I think most haters are just utterly obsessed with finding a reason to despise John Cena. Having 5 moves is just another reason and its because John Cena is an easy target.

John Cena having 5 moves is the same reason as everyone else having 5 moves. It's not only John Cena because all major WWE superstars have 5-7 moves. WWE waters down all their wrestlers and its evident in many superstars. Randy Orton has stomps, headlocks, Elevated DDT, Inverted Backbreaker, and the RKO. Shawn Michaels has the Flying Forearm, Scoop Slam, Elbow Drop, Inverted Atomic Drop, and Sweet Chin Music. Every wrestler in WWE has a limited moveset and its rare to see many moves in one match. Even TNA has been limiting down movesets. It's not like we see a new move from a certain wrestler every week either. John Cena also has more then 5 moves if people actually look at his arsenal.

It is simply another reason to despise John Cena and I think many fans don't realize how limited movesets are. The reason so many moves in WWE are watered down is because WWE wrestlers travel all over the world and wrestling in many matches over the course of a week. That along with all the traveling makes wrestlers susceptible to injury. Many wrestlers are prone to injury because of WWE's hectic schedule and WWE can't risk wrestlers destroying each other in the ring. I despise the fact that wrestlers are so watered down, but its necessary. John Cena and other main eventers constantly wrestle nearly every day and they can't risk injury or they'll hurt the product.

John Cena's moves are also very marketable because moves like the Five Knuckle Shuffle sell extremely well. Many wrestlers have the same sequence of moves and its not only John Cena. John Cena is one of WWE's biggest merchandise sellers and moves like The Attitude Adjustment sell tremendously well in the WWE. It also signals the end for certain matches. Don't people realize that many if not all wrestlers in the WWE have the same number of moves?

Hating a wrestler for 5 moves means that you just about hate the entire WWE roster. It still continues to surprise me about what kind of reasons haters come up with on hating wrestlers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's there are two main reasons.
    1. Indy wrestling has been more popular in the last few years, and in the indy federations all of the wrestlers that have skills use them to the fullest and are not limited to the WWE style of wrestling. This allows the stars to show their actual ability as wrestlers instead of relying on heavily scripted and practiced spots. This show of talent from lower level wrestlers, people that most of the time aren't even on television make people think "Why aren't the big guys like Cena and HHH doing all these sweet and diverse moves? They must not be able to." When in most cases its not that they can't do them its that they either don't fit their character or the WWE thinks it's unsafe.

2. It's just cool to hate John Cena. I've realized in the past year that the majority of people that hate John Cena only hate him because everybody around them does. They only hear and dwell on the negatives about him. When told about all the good he does for charities, merchandise sales, and the business in general they usually change their views on him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    those guys had charisma and they were more fun to watch than Cena, and in their matches u sometimes see something new from them, but with Cena it's always the same either he wins or loses, he has been a superstar for over 4 years now and all of his matches are kinda dull, everytime i watch one of his matches i get really bored and i keep trying to guess to outcome just to avoid boredom. And basically alot of people that hate Cena also hate Hogan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Rhys on his statement. Cena gets in the ring kisses his chain. Then its the same normal stuff just my thoughts

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont know i just hate 'em

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont see why people say he does a 5 moves anyway im not defending him or anything but when people say that its a dumb excuse to use in reason why they dislike him

cenas list of moves
    1.diving fame-asser
    2.Dropkick,
    3.Fisherman suplex
    4.Five Knuckle Shuffle
    5.Running leaping shoulder block
    6.Running one–handed bulldog
    7.Sitout hip toss
    8.Spinebuster
    9.Thesz press
    10.Throwback
    11.Twisting belly to belly suplex
    12.STF
    13.attitude adjustment

if im not mistaken that 13 moves not 5 lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I think John Cena is a brilliant in-ring entertainer, I think that the reason people dont think John Cena has in ring-talent is because they are used to the "modern" superstars, and I think that a good wrestler shows power, and determination and I think John Cena has both of these qualities. The fact that he has less fans than other superstars makes him all the more likeable in my opinion. Obviously the Cena haters are oblivious to the fact that John Cena is built for power, like Batista and Triple H, having a wide variety or pointless technical moves would not support his character and persona. I seem to remember one particular match-up between John Cena and HBK on RAW in 2008 that captivated me entirely, he used simple but effective moves that completely took grip on the crowd. This match proved to me that John Cena is not just your run-of-the-mill entertainer, but a great wrestler aswell.

I hope this helped.

Junior Member ACClGregInglisstyle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buggered if I know. Though I never really like Hulk Hogan, when he was actually wrestling, so at least I stay consistant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast