Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do Christians argue this?

I've seen atleast 8 times where a christian has said that god is neither male nor female (or they ask 'how do you know gods a man?') Do you all not read your own book?

Gen: 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 1:10: And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:31: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

This is JUST Genesis chapter 1, how is there even an argument over which sex your god is?

Please don't tell me it's a book written by man & man influenced it, because that's the exact argument I use to not believe it. Also don't give me that 'it's symbolic/a metaphor' cr*p either.

Ginchi- No, I wanted a real understandable answer, to tell me that the bible has it wrong & then tell me the bible is truth is a bit weird but that's the answer I always get, I was trying to avoid that.

Archituethis dux- So. It was written wrong? Interesting. Wonder what else they got wrong?

No, I don't think "It" sounds horrible, I think it sounds more honest than calling an unsexed deity "Him"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does appear that according to the Bible, God is male.

To answer your question, not all Christians believe everything that is written in the Bible, some of them don't even read it, as you suggested.

You don't have to go to church or read the Bible to be Christian, you only have to accept Christ as your savior.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Angry little pagan aren't we? I personally have never argued the gender of God so please say Why so SOME Christians."

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do realize that the Hebrew Language as well as ancient literature of the time didn't use 'it" at all, right? They often gave genders to genderless things. You will see this through-out the entire bible.... objects, emotions, and so much more are given "genders."

God is given a gender, but he does not have one.

What did you expect God to be called? It? To me calling God an "it" sounds horrible.....

You have to look at the writings of the 4,0000 year old scriptures. How did they write? Poetically of course. They didn't write like we do, and they didn't leisurely use the word "it" like we do today. They wrote simply and traditionally and in a poetical way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why did you even bother to ask this question if you are going to begin by informing all potential answerers the way you want it answered. Well, I choose not to give any answer except that I could care little what you believe or disbelieve. I believe that the Bible was given to man by God, and that God is neither male nor female. God is God. If you're happy, go with it. Don't be surprised, however, if one day you are really surprised.

Downloads
    Uploads
    God is a spirit with no sex.
    Bible says so.
    Gender is used for writing purpose.

NO gender in Heaven. Jesus is clear on this point in book of MARK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if i cant tell u that, i would be lying

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an atheist and refer to ships as "she".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure! Clearly God is a male. He is referred to in all masculine terms, "father" "son" "his" him." Jesus (who is also God) was a male.

The verse in Mark, say we will be like the angles... I believe they can take on any form. It also says we "shall be like HIM, for we shall see HIM just as he is" referring to God.

When Jesus came back to his disciples after he had been crucified, in his SPIRITUAL body, HE was CLEARLY male. Moses and Elijah were also clearly MALE, during the transfiguration.

There's some discrepancy as to in Genesis 6, when the Sons of God, came down and had sex with the woman, some people think those were the fallen angles.

Either way it doesn't matter! God knows men and females inside out because he designed us! His sex doesn't really matter.

Take care!

Downloads
    Uploads
    God, being God, is perfect. If 'He' had a gender, it would reduce him to this imperfect world, meaning that he would not be perfect.

The Bible refers to God as masculine because it is more emotive than 'it', which would be the only technically accurate way of referring to God.