Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do Christian people argue over things that don't really affect salvation?

Things like evolution or the age of the earth or what date the second coming is (or "rapture, if that is what you believe.) Isn't it more important to live a Christ-like life and follow his teachings?

Junior Member DOOMEDtWe'realldoomedt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Long ago, someone created a theorem. It goes something like, "Earth + Evolution = There is no God". The theorem itself remains unproven, but the controversial implications rattle more than a few feathers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    to reveal the truth of god and refute lies

god tells us to rebuke and reprove

KJV: II Timothy 4:2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    By that logic, life itself doesn't affect your salvation either. You have your ticket to heaven, why not just kill yourself?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What part is it that does not affect salvation?
    Every part of the Bible affects salvation.

Your statement shows that you do not understand the Bible, or what being Christlike really is.

In The Bible there is just one right answer for everything, and if a person does not have that one right answer, then he/she is wrong.

If the person is wrong in their beliefs, then God does not accept being wrong in ones beliefs no matter how sincere the person is.

And if the person tells someone else his wrong beliefs , then that makes him/her a false teacher and no false teacher will enter into the Kingdom of God.

Therefore: Everything affects your salvation. Believe it or not.

Read the book and find out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not believe it was meant to be this way, but it is. And the three things you mention are the ones that I see most often at the centre of these fights.

Character development and how to achieve it seems to be the least fought over.
    Dogma issues concern general teachings.........lots and lots of fighting.
    Prophecy issues concerning fulfilment..........lot and lots and lots of fighting.

But why all the infighting among Christians?

It maybe the teachings that other branches of Christianity are wrong and will be destroyed in some kind of hellish judgement. This ,"you are approved of God" is a deep reason for most of it as they try to convince one another to join their "truth".

Me? Just gave up. Thought very carefully about all that is being said. Picked those things that have a truth to them and isolated myself from everyone. Most of my larger convictions about God seem to have been influenced by one particular religion but I do not belong to it.

I focus more on my relationship with God because I see problems with them all.

A fiercely Independent Irish Christian Eschatologist

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point.

But the literalness of Adam and Eve are key, since without that, then the whole idea of Christ as the second "Adam" does fall apart.

The age of the earth is, in many ways, a side bar discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cuz most of 'em are just plain wonkers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Christ-like" has become a subjective (in other words, meaningless) term in Christianity. It's dumb, Christ most likely didn't even live a life remotely similar to how the Bible describes. Ever heard of the telephone game? In the words of Palin's father "Thur ya go baby"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My goodness. When you're right, you're really right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast