Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus had trouble with fundamentalist religion too, so the pharisees (the people who were supposed to uphold God's law the most) crucified him because they didn't understand the love he stood for. If society pisses you off, you have a lot more in common with him then you may think.

Even today, I don't think he agrees with a lot of what some Christians may say or do. Christianity, at its pure and honest core, is love. It's a relationship that some people have twisted in to a formula, and that's heartbreaking. I don't expect you to read my entry and suddenly understand my sincere belief for something I don't even understand (as a sinful human, I don't think I'm capable or would want to fully understand God, thank goodness he doesn't require that of me). but please do take in to account that I've been where you are. I've felt a presence I can't explain, and it's made me want to dedicate my life to something that may kill me. That doesn't make sense and it's not scientific, but that doesn't mean that what I'm feeling isn't real.

Jesus loved the people no one else did (his best friends were the tax collectors, prostitutes, and others who society disregarded). Jesus defended the people who killed him. He (or his true followers) don't want to take your rights. I guarantee you that if Jesus were still walking as a human among us today he'd want to sit down and talk to you, listen to you, and love you unconditionally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya know, not all Christian's make the bible the foundation of their faith
    Some of them even see it more as a metaphorical book

But regardless, why are you pinning people against each other? Religious, not religious, does it matter? We all are people in the same earth, breathing the same air, lets just try to spread the love.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why Christians, why (Rant on Christians)?

Why do you guys think the bible is more then just a book, you turn your back on years of science and believe in an old out dated book. you want to deny people rights just so you can say your book ( and god) is better then everything else in the world, why cant gays get married, it not like they forcing you to get gay married and why cant women have an abortion, again it it not being done to you. You guys live your whole life by the bible in hopes of a better after life, but let me let you in on a little secret, when your life ends you cease to exist, just like before you born (or even conceived) your don't exist. Your gone. So let people live there life and let science be science, even if it goes against what most of you people believe it is still the truth and is only helping us on own search for the truth.
    I dont want to generalize because i know there are open minded christian, but it hard to see them when there are some many out there trying to impead our country (mainly, but the world too) from beoming liberalized and unified

Downloads
    Uploads
    how is that the truth
    no one knows what happens after you are dead so why tell us that is the truth
    and not all christians believe gays shouldnt marry and women shouldnt have an abortion, me and my whole family are christians and believe that everyone has the right to make their own decisions

and plus no one will know what happens when you are dead until they are dead themselves. . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Childhood indoctrination, the threat of hellfire, and weekly mind control like rituals will do that to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a christian but I think people can think what they want even if its not true.
    Anyone can live in a fantasy world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He calls it a rant so I report it as one!

Hooray for stupidity!

Downloads
    Uploads
    get over it, you big sissy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your question is very well constructed.

I was raised christian, and then began to think on a similar line as you are currently thinking. Now I have views that fall somewhere in the middle.
    I believe in God, but not in the same way most christians do.

Maybe you should try looking at it from their perspective. Not all Christians believe gays shouldn't be married, that women shouldn't have abortions.

As far as an afterlife. how would it hurt them to believe in God. Its funny how you ask christians to let you live your life, but at the same time, you are asking them to believe differently than what they currently do. Just saying that you dont believe in god so no one else should is the same thing you are complaining about them doing.

And what is wrong with a book that teaches people how to live their life? Some people need guidance in their lives.

Downloads
    Uploads
    get over it, you big sissy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast