Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who do i go to above the school to complain? Is there a govourning body?...

...At my Son's School there's a dinner? lady whose completely unsuitable for the job! She's horrible to kids, shouts at them for no reason. I've complained to the school but now my son has come home telling me that after a boy kicked him he told her and she told him to go away and i believe it as i have seen that she is exactly like that! Who can i complain to to get this woman (hopefully) sacked?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you have to make an official complaint through the Head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest that you write to the head teacher and also send a copy of the letter to the school governors so they are aware of the situation - do this first before taking the matter further as the head may be able to deal with it. The head teacher will possibly arrange a meeting with you to discuss the matter and if so make sure you take someone with you as a witness so they can take notes but do not let them speak for you and if the matter goes further you have evidence of your meeting. If you get no success from this then take the matter to he LEA. In the meantime keep a diary of all the incidents for your record an as evidence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if the school will not listen to you then its straight to the L.E.A.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi i am sorry to hear your having trouble with your son's school. There are procedures that must be followed if you want to be taken seriously. First you have to write/type a letter to the Headmaster/mistress out lining your concerns, they must have a chance to sort out your problem. You may be invited to the school for a meeting if your still unhappy with the result you can contact your Head of Education you should find out who that is through your local council....hope this helps good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can complain to your local authority school board, they will look into your complaint and deal with it. In my experience they take complaints more seriously than the school its self. If you contact your local council they should be able to give you telephone number and or address.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can complain to your local authority school board, they will look into your complaint and deal with it. In my experience they take complaints more seriously than the school its self. If you contact your local council they should be able to give you telephone number and or address.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to start with the headteacher and explain that you are making a formal complaint about this person and that you want a proper investigation. Youwill need concrete evidence that she didb what your child said so maybe speak to other mums and get things in writing.If you get nowhere you have the right to complain direct to the school governing body-they have overall control of the school. Find out who the parent rep is on the governing body-there will be a few of them.-school sec will tell you if youdon't know who they are. They will bring your concerns to the governing body who will investigate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Have you complained to the Headmaster/Headmistress, if nothing is done then i would complain to the governors of the school. The woman in question would not be sacked straight away she would have to have 2 verbal warnings and then 1 written warning. Sometimes the local council employs the dinner ladies so i would enquire and if so i would complain to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The governing body is the next place you should try.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Schoolslearninganddevelopment/YourChildsWelfareAtSchool/DG_4016106
    This government run site has a full list of procedures you can take. It may help your case if other mums agree with you and you stand together as a group rather than you alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast