Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who do I complain to about loose barking dogs?

in my neighborhood there is a dog(s) that just walk around barking at everyone's home at night. I think it's my neighbors dog too and i know they hear him.

But who do i contact so they can come take the dog away or something cause obviously the owners don't care.

Downloads
    Uploads
    first i would go tell the neighbors give it a day or two then call the spca or someting

Downloads
    Uploads
    First i would contact them and let them know that they are being neglectful to their dogs, and that this is called animal cruelty and also let them know that this is pissing you off. Give a warning to them that if the behavior continues you will call the APL in your area and they can come to deal with them. Good luck and hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call your local animal control, spca, humane society, whatever you have where you live. Its an offense to let your dog wander like that, and the obviously don't care about the poor thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should try calling either the SPCA in your local region, or if you have an animal control center. These two organizations usualy deal with things like this. The SPCA is usually found in the white pages, and the animal control is usually found in the local government pages. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    animal control. Ours told us we had to write a letter and send it in, then they would talk to the owners. Then if it kept happening we could call it in and they would come back and maybe take the dog and/or fine the people. But be carefull doing that cause it is not kept a secret who reported it, they will tell them, or (like ours does) they can charge them a small fee to get the whole report that says who turned them in and all. So if you know the owners and you think they might get mad at you and try to get back at you then I would try to think of another way....also if the dog is loose you can call animal control or an animal shelter and report it and they will come pick the dog up and they owners have to go "bail him out". That sometimes you can get away with not giving any personal info out..hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best person to call would be your local animal control officers. Their number can be found in the yellow pages or on the internet. They will take the dog away, scan them for microchips and contact the owners or find another home for the dogs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call your SPCA or humane society. They can usually arrange a pick up or find a way to get the law involved. Letting a dog roam alone is really dangerous for the dog as well as any human they may come in contact with. You don't know if it's vaccinated or how friendly it is. If this dog was to bite, the owners are looking at even legal trouble.