Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You may have to replace the fan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think something wrong happens with your laptop cooling fan. Please stop using it and immediately go for servicing before it gets worse. Experts will surely do their best to fix this problem. But don't stay with this problem thinking normal. This is not normal.

Don't even try to open back cover of your laptop on your own. You may accidentally break or disconfigured any of the vital parts that may do more harm to your small machine or even it might void your warranty (if you have).

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think something wrong happens with your laptop cooling fan. Please stop using it and immediately go for servicing before it gets worse. Experts will surely do their best to fix this problem. But don't stay with this problem thinking normal. This is not normal.

Don't even try to open back cover of your laptop on your own. You may accidentally break or disconfigured any of the vital parts that may do more harm to your small machine or even it might void your warranty (if you have).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say some dust or dirt got into the inside of the fan (electrics) - Best way is to strip it apart (or take to computer shop ;D)

Downloads
    Uploads

Whining noise from laptop fan after cleaning?

ok, so i just cleaned my laptop fan using compressed air, the way they showed me on the internet, this is the first time i've cleaned it in about 2 years and i could see all the dust built up. Now it makes a whining noise, and gets louder as the fan spins faster. Is the normal? and if not, can i fix it?

PS - i have a Compaq Presario CQ60 and i cannot open the back to access the fan because i don't know how, but if someone can find a tutorial on how to that would be appreciated.