Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whining it the crate?

I have to teach him to stop, it has to, i've gone many nights without enough sleep.

I have a 9 month old Pomeranian puppy. He will go in his crate fine, and will stay in there, but then 7 hours later he's all wired up, to get out. He will whine, and I will say, NO, roll over, fall back asleep, then he will do it again in another 10 minutes. Repeated over and over until i take him out.

He does sleep in my bedroom. Should I turn the crate, so that he cannot see me? Because whenever he whines and I move it reinforces the behavior, therefore he does it louder. Any Ideas?
    Suggested Category- Cars & Transportation > Car Makes > Dodge

Yeah right!
    But this never stops, and it is at the EXACT time every morning. You don't have to go to the bathroom at the same time every day. He's not going to get any bigger, and I can't do this the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You probably need to get up with him.

Our Collie is 10 months old and sleeps 8-10 hours every night in her crate and in the morning wakes when we do (she has done this since 20 weeks!)...but she is a big dog and probably has a much larger bladder than a little pom. But, if she whined after 6 or 7 hours I would get up with her because she probably needs to use the restroom.

Oh, and her crate is in the corner of the living room, not in our bedroom. It is her den and she loves it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm after 7 hours, he's probably whining because he needs to go to the bathroom! Poms are tiny little things. Imagine the size of his bladder and then imagine him trying to hold it for that long. Especially with him still being a puppy. You're lucky he's waiting 7 hours to start whining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    after 7 hours she has to go bathroom and wouldn't you get bored after 7 hours in a tiny room give her some chewy toys too and they go bathroom on a schedule genius