Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where to complain when being misstreated by a business?

Recently my son and i were misstreated when we were at a small coffee shop. It is not a franchise like starbbucks- just a small privately run business. Where would I report them to? We live in Canada
    Thank you Ryan. But why would they care if they are reported to the BBB? They probably arent even members of the BBB- and who checks out a coffee shop with the BBB before going in and having a cup of coffee?? I'd like to report them to a place that they would care about being reported to.

Haywood, sadly you are probably right. But thanks for cheering me up a bit with the humor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the US we have the Better Business Bureau. See if you have something similar up there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There really isn't anywhere you can make a complaint about a private company. You could actually start up your own coffee shop and abuse every one of your customers if you want -- It wouldn't make good business sense, but you could do it.

Members of the BBB gain membership voluntarily, as there is no agency or legislative body responsible for how businesses conduct business. And I agree with you, they probably aren't members of the BBB. As long as they are not breaking any laws, they can pretty much carry on however they want.

If this was an employee, you could probably get some attention from the manager/owner of the shop -- let them know what happened.

If it was the manager/owner, then the only option you're left with is to not return (and put a brick through the window at night!!!)