Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where can I complain about the IRS?

A close friend found out last year that someone had filed their taxes using her husband's social security number and had received a refund. It took 7 months and a ton of paperwork for the friend and her husband to get their own refund, even though they had done nothing wrong.
    Fast forward to today. My friend just filed her taxes electronically, and guess what? Yep, once again the IRS paid out a refund to the other guy. Will this go on forever? Is there any oversight anywhere? How the heck did their file not get flagged?Who can we contact for action? thx!
    To clarify - I am involved only as a sympathetic bystander looking for info to help my friend who is banging her head against the wall as we speak.
    I guess I'm just incredulous that the IRS software wouldn't catch a name change for a long time filer when I can't even log into my Yahoo account if I mistype my name.

Thanks for all the helpful answers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure how long this will happen but the IRS don't really look at returns until after tax season and that's when they find all the problems. The person who's using your friend husband's SSN just file there taxes first and that's why he got the refund first. I hoping this will be the last year and the IRS will finally get this problem fix. I don't know who you can contact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    An attorney.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The IRS introduced a new identity theft unit. Call it.

http://www.irs.gov/privacy/article/0,,id=186436,00.html

If this had been in place, it would have required the IRS to manually review the tax return before issuing a refund.

Downloads
    Uploads
    File first and avoid the problem.
    Otherwise, when rejected, file a paper return with a cover letter explaining the problem. Be prepared for it to take 4-18 weeks to get refund, unfortunately.
    And your involvement is?????
    Talk to Taxpayer Advocate.
    IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit, toll-free at 1-800-908-4490.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the IRS you're dealing with here. By even complaining to them you'll probably get audited forever.

www.fairtax.org

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing that they can do but file a paper return and mail it in. The IRS has no way of knowing in advance who can claim whom on a tax return.

Since this does not involve you, there is absolutely NOTHING that YOU can do about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1800-829-1040
    1800-908-4490

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-19225200.html

follow this link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    can a slave complain to his master?

Serfdom involved not only work in fields, but also various other activities, like forestry, mining, transportation (both land and river-based), and crafts. Manors formed the basic unit of society during this period, and the lord and his serfs were bound legally, economically, and socially. Serfs were labourers who were bound to the land; they formed the lowest social class of the feudal society. Serfs were also defined as people in whose labour landowners held property rights