In the UK. I have serious problems with BT, and I've tried resolving it via the form on their website, but they just seem to have monkeys who can't read answering their emails! they just cut and paste irrelevant passages into the reply, they bare no resemblance the questions I have asked and have ignored my repeated statements that I can't afford the more expensive package they want me to have!
I can't use the phone at work and dont' want to spend hours of my time at home trying to sort this out, so I stupidly thought I could just use their online form/email.....
So who is the 'independent body' you report this stuff to? I can't remember their name. cheers
Jason b – interesting to know! but the thing is the phone is in a big room of people and I wouldn’t want to discuss my personal business where it could be overheard. But that info could be useful in the future, thanks

Tony F – yeah I’ve looked at ofcom’s site and it does say they don’t deal with individual complaints.. so no good to me. I have written to BT this week (not recorded delivery though), so far no response (not even a phone call). The package I am on currently will no longer be available, they want to move me to a dearer one, I have said no way and I will leave when the cheaper one ends. I’ve told them several times I don’t want and can’t pay the other one, but they just keep ignoring me. I will go to CABureau if necessary but I thought if there was another organisation that could help, well it’d be handy to know about them too! I do not want the hassle of legal proceedings, it’s bad enough that I will probably have no phone over xmas!