Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is your opinion on the whole "emo" thing going on nowadays? Check...

...out this rant.? Frankly, I reject the entire premise of your faux culture. What the hell is “Emo” anyway? Ask ten Emo kids and you’ll get ten different answers. You can mope around all you want, but I can’t respect your lifestyle if you can’t even reach a consensus about what constitutes your music.

Even so-called Emo bands reject the label, and yet, your niche thrives. I suppose one should never underestimate teenage angst or disillusionment, but what does it say about your self-esteem when you choose to identify with heroes who choose not to identify with you?

Not to sound old and curmudgeonly, but in my day musical genres made a statement. Punk (real punk, not today’s shit – but that’s a whole other rant) was about politics and non-conformity. Grunge created a distinct sound that made something beautiful out of something ugly. New wave was, well, for douchebags.

Eight years ago, you Emo kids would have been called “Goth”. Maybe you would have worn a little more black and had slightly longer hair, but you haven’t changed. Your desperate attempts to look and dress cool – “Hey! Look at me! I don’t fit into society’s mold!” – make you into the very conformists you pretend to disdain.

Emo kids – your music is fine, even enjoyable at times. But your self-indulgence is nauseating and your over-stylized lack of style is insulting. You try too hard to seem genuine that your culture is devoid of any true sincerity. Kurt Cobain didn’t wash his hair for months; if you have to use a bottle of mousse to look like Kurt, you’re doing it wrong.

It’s cool to look different than everyone, sure…but it’s just not cool to spend an hour putting on mommy’s makeup to create said look. Cobain, James Dean, John Lennon, Jame Gumb – they didn’t go and “get” cool. Cool was what they were already. Stop trying so hard and maybe, just maybe I’ll respect you a bit more.

Pretty much the stupidest type of person out there. If you are labeled as an emo kid, then you're screwed. They whine about everything, from the fact that their parents won't give them their old school video games, to the fact that their 56th girlfriend/boyfriend has dumped them to be with someone better. If you are an emo kid, you ARE worthless. They cry and slit their wrists over any emotional issue they are going through. They feel two emotions: Depression and Pain. Emo kids give black (the shade/colour) a bad name. They write terrible poetry in their journal or notebook, and then they paste it on some stupid site like "Vampirefreaks". Emo kids generally wear tight pants. If you are a guy, and you are not wearing a size 3 pair of girls jeans, you are probably an emo outcast (as in, you can't even hang with the other cry-babies). They also always have long bangs covering one of their eyes, in either a dark shade of brown, or black.

Emo kids act like their sadness is the end of the world. They are self centered, and believe that the fact that their relationship is over, also means that a) everybody cares and/or b) their life is over. They don't take into consideration that they live in a warm house with a family, and just how lucky they are to have that. When emo kids die from slitting their wrists, everyone cheers.

I will rejoyce the day every whiny emo kid moves on with their life and decide to make a difference in the world instead of locking themselves up and crying their eyes out.
    If all of the emo kids left their rooms, or dropped their pens and diaries, and go out and voulenteer or do something that will actually benefit the fucking sake of humanity, this world will actuall be a better place.
    All of those emo kids that believe that love can cure anything, then they should get off of their "broken" heart-asses and go out there and find someone that will make them forget the last person who dumped them because they were probably fed up with their whining!

Emo kids:
    If you want to bleed,
    Go join the army.

If you want to cry,
    Make sure it's over something actually worth crying for.
    If you want to mess with a razor
    Go be a barber.
    If you want to write your heart out,
    Go be a journalist.
    If you want to stay exactly the way you are,
    Fine, just don't expect the world to give a damn because you got dumped or YOUR life sucks.
    This was a rant that I found on the internet. Please, do not insult me, I did not make this, I found it.
    I just want to know what people have to say.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're just hangers-on. The whole lame "emo" thing came and went years ago. Nobody cool is still into that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think if someone says there emo they just want attention. i know a "emo" person. one odd freak..........