My 1 1/2 year old parrots vent was swollen it went away by the next day. But it was like a pink ring. should i be worried? and what is going on? I have never noticed this before. I do not know the sex. Here is a link to a video that i took. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxc8lP4ussM
OK little more info, I have looked up symptoms of egg binding, The birds name is bird by the way I call "HIM", by default, birdsE. 1. Bird spends no time on the floor or bottom of cage at all. 2. No random straining. 3. I have noticed large bowel movements. Usually only in the morning after waking but Bird dose strain to get them out it seems like a challenge for him, only after waking. But he also has normal sized bowl movements throught the day with no apparent straining. 4. There is no panting, rapid, labored or abnormal breathing. 5. I noticed on one sight that fluffed feathers is a bad sign, but I have always thought it good. The feathers are only fluffed when he is preening or sleeping on one foot.

I have owned birds my whole life, I am 24. I feel as though I would notice anything out of the normal. I have a very close relationship with Bird , he spends all his time with me and a minimal amount of time in the cage. He even sleeps snuggled beside me when I sleep. I w