Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What should I do when some a-hole repeatedly complains about my "loud" music?

I live in a college dorm and I like to play music on my stereo system. Normally I don't even use a sub-woofer to increase the bass and I never pushed my receiver beyond 12 on the dial. But an extremely sensitive guy living next me (we are actually in two different suites), always comes to my door to complain about my music though in a rather polite manner. I agreed to turn it down every time he comes since we also kind of know each other. But it is starting to get on my nerve because I felt I am being taken advantage of cause I am not really playing loud music and I am not even using a subwoofer. I am considering to not back down next time he comes and just let him complain to the RA or even the school police. It might get me into trouble but I will never let some to walk over me like that. I feel living in a college dorm, everyone should have some sorts of rights. What do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do have rights that is why you need to turn your music down. It must be too loud or this guy would not keep coming and asking you to turn it down. Why not get headphones and you can blast your brains out without disturbing the study of others. You should not even be getting to 12 in a dorm situation. those walls are made of tissue paper. I think that if you make a formal complaint, you will loose. People need quiet to study, that is why you are there isn't it?