Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the next step after complaining to the office manager about a...

...fragrance issue with no results? I have an issue at work with fragrance.There is a lady whom I sit next to who continues to deny the fact that she wears perfume/fragrance.I requested that our office manager speak with her and tell her not to wear any fragrances.Our office has already established the"No fragrance policy.I have gone to an Allergist an had
    them write a note stating that I have sinusitis and that Fragrances
    irritate my condition.This woman is still wearing fragrance! My office manager spoke with her and she told my office manager that she was not wearing anything! After that my office manager told me that she did not know how what to do because she is very sensitive to smell but did not smell anything.My office manager then suggested that maybe it was all in my head! Since my frustrating conversation with my office manager I've asked two neutral people if they noticed any fragrance from the woman I sit next to and they said YES. I am very anger over this because I feel that my office manager does not want do deal with this issue and that she would much rather

tell me that It's in my head. What can I do at this point?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe when you say fragrance, she thinks you mean perfume.

It might be her deoderant. I highly doubt she goes to work without wearing any deoderant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that it might be her deoderant. Some of mine are pretty fruity/flowery. It could also be her body wash or body lotion...most of these are scented. Not sure how much you can do if it IS deoderant/body wash/lotion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you have already been to an allergist and have shown your boss a not the next step would be to document all that you have done, have some witnesses lined up, get them to sign a paper stating they have witnessed the lady's smell. I would take this to the next step up. Whom ever is over your boss. If they won't listen then seek advice from a lawyer on this matter. Be careful, this step may eventually cost you your job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to the Human Relations Director or to the head of the company.