...Obama?(No rants, please!)? "Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism..that you come out of your isolation...Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."
It does indeed SOUND good. I must ask, though, what exactly is meant by the phrase"come out of your isolation"? Who determines what constitutes isolation, and who is mired in it? Also, how does she know what anyone's life as usual is-or whether or not any particular person is either uninvolved, uninformed, both, or neither? Sounds kind of high-handed and judgemental, if you ask me, not to mention Big Brotherish. Finally, how does one go about requiring a person to work, unless they are not living in a democratic society?
FYI these comments, among others, like one about not allowing people to remain in their comfort zone(!) were in a speech made by Michelle Obama at UCLA on Feb. 19th. The text of this speech is readily available to anyone who wants to do a little digging on the Internet.
To the respondent who referred to selfish conservatives, I beg to differ. Conservatives give more to charity than liberals-this is a well-documented fact.

Mutantal, you are too funny, and there may possibly be a grain of truth in what you say. Good answers, everyone.