...everyone from arguing.? Every since my mom and step dad split,everyone in the family started being bitter to each other.It's part his fault cause we were abused when we were younger for about 10 years.and part my moms fault for letting him stay.That's were resentment came into the picture.My mom had 8 children.4 from one man and 4 from the step dad.Only the older kids got abused,probably cause we weren't his.I felt like school was my savior at the time.So I didn't have much to think about until I got home.So now I'm 28 years old and I realize that my brothers and sisters are always in competition,and trying to be better then each other.Everyone wants respect but no one shows any.I recently just backed away from the "fix it girl position".for the last time.I just don't want to make the effort anymore.My older sister said "why do you put the weight of everyone elses problems on your shoulder"...It's almost like telling me .."why care about family.I think I have because I love them..If they come to me to help them,what else am I to do?