Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Jess in a dress

What can cops do if the neighbors complain about the volume control?

My brother's band is in the garage practicing and some stinking neighbor complained to the cops. It's only 2:00pm on a Saturday. I came out to see what's going on and the douche with the attitude told me there's no curfew on noise control. Isn't the time like 10pm, when you have to stop? I told them to keep playing(but to turn it down a bit) when he left. And what about the 1st
    Amendment??? Freedom of expression? Besides.... I rather have my little brother into music than on drugs or in the streets.
    My brother's band is in the garage practicing and some stinking neighbor complained to the cops. It's only 2:00pm on a Saturday. I came out to see what's going on and the douche with the attitude told me there's no curfew on noise control. Isn't the time like 10pm, when you have to stop? I told them to keep playing(but to turn it down a bit) when he left. And what about the 1st

Amendment??? Freedom of expression? Besides.... I rather have my little brother into music than on drugs or in the streets. Oh and the cop said he can take away their stuff if he gets another complaint..Is that true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most areas have noise controls laws for anytime of the day.* You have freedom of expression up to the point you encroach on someone else's freedoms, like enjoying their private property.* I had a friend who rented a storage unit to use for practice.* It was isolated and they did not disturb anyone. You might also try, unless you blew it with the neighbor, negotiating a specific limited time on the weekends when your brother can play, and stick to it.