Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What was it about the man praying to a big crucifix? Actually he was not praying...

...but sort of complaining? I hope this is not offensive to some people because it was supposed to be a joke, so I am putting this under another category instead of the Religion & Spirituality section. Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a joke really, but I hope people would not be offended by my answer. You see, for Catholics, the cross is a symbol of Jesus Christ' redemption of humankind from sin and degradation. In fact, there are stories that some people were enlightened and a few became saints by praying in front of the crucifix as a symbol of God's glory and salvation.

This is the answer and the joke: A priest was giving a talk about the crucifix and the apparent contradiction that Jesus although his body was suffering from the tortures and now hanging on the cross yet his face was that of serenity and peace. A man from the audience kept saying loudly "What is it to me? What is it to me?"

The priest responded with a story. A man kept on praying to a big crucifix. His prayers were not met but he continued on. Yet, he was no longer praying but complaining to Jesus on the crucifix. Finally, one day, while the man was lamenting about his unfulfilled prayers, Jesus responded (a miracle really), "Ah, if only I am free and not nailed to this cross, I could have kicked you a long time ago!"

Good luck to you and cheers!