Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member SmellsLikeTeenSpirt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vent your feelings about the state of music today.?

VENT TO ME! I'm positive that i'm not the only person in the world right now who hates,not detests rap/rnb/mainstream and whatever crap kids are into these days..i try not to keep tabs on it. I'm someone who was part of that whole 90's Grunge/alternative movemnt in the early 90's so it really disappoints me to see how awful music has become. Where have we come from the days of Nirvana? Sonic Youth? Pearl Jam? Hole? *faceplam*

At least we can always count on Foo Fighters to save the day...

So come on...tell me your feelings..:L

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kudos for your Hole reference (my fave band). Yeah I tend to agree. Our generations music pales in comparisson to all previous generations. I guess we'll be remembered for Justin Beiber , lil jon, Ke$ha and lady Gaga. How embarassing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rock music and rap music pretty much sucks today, but there is a lot of good pop music coming out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad...

But the word "today" in relation to music means something different to everyone I suppose. For me it implies the last 25 years, or at the very least 1990 onwards, Lol. Rock music has been regurgitating itself in one form or another since the late 70's/early 80's...that's why for me, music of the 60's/70's (and some 80's) is timeless, while most stuff released post 1990 wears thin very quickly (with some exceptions). In particular many of the retro sounding hard rock, metal, prog, punk/new wave bands. Been there, done that the first time 'round. And "that" was far more interesting than what's put forth "today".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive nevr been into mainstream music. Not even mainstream 90s music but i can say it 90s was way better than today's. All new music is so ADHD. It's not good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the state of music today is just fine. There are bands like Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights, White Stripes, Nine Inch Nails, Rise Against, Foo Fighters and many more who still stay true to their roots. Granted, there's a considerably less amount of those bands still around, but they do exist. Rap, on the other hand, has been going down the crapper for a while lol.

- Love and Peace -

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today's music is great. Not only is every recording that's ever been produced preserved in time for all to enjoy, the stuff coming out now is better produced and largely more available than anything that's ever been released before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    a lovely thing, an ever-expanding mass of melody, fidelty and quantity. an inconceivable layer cake of emotion, the more i see the less i know

Downloads
    Uploads
    I HATE POP and country and rap and R&B ! wanna know why! because! its two simple any person can sing it! and person can play guitar with it and person can play the drums it the same crap diffrent words....90's ! thats were its at! i love the rocka nd metal from that deade after that music whent down hill! and some 80's like metallica and pantera.... but also hair bands i blame them for the music today.,...im a musisian and ... i cant stand todays music.... other then mordern hard rock like the old Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin and todays metal is good .... sometimes

Junior Member David[RecklessSerenade]'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, I love you've swept in all firm in your belief your notions are unique (YOU ARE GOING TO CHALLENGE THE GAGA STATUS QUO!), but, in reality, they're truly, deeply banal. It'd have been braver if you'd come in and said, "You know, it isn't Sonic Youth, but I can enjoy some of today's pop."

I saw Hole live last year. Absolutely awful show. Bitch couldn't remember her own guitar parts or lyrics and spent at least ten minutes hazily insisting George Clooney is gay. At least the Lady Gagas and Katy Perrys of the world are professional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast