We have had construction across the street from our house for a while, and there hadn't been any real reasons to complain so we didn't. However, much is changing, and we finally have some reasons why we should. Here are the reasons.

1. Playing basketball the other day, I found I was having a hard time dribbling. The ball was bouncing all over! On our driveway were some large cracks and divots. I remember a couple here and there, but now there are around 100, as well as 4 larger cracks! My theory is that when they had to jack up and destroy the sidewalk in front of our house, it damaged our driveway. I can't think of any logical explanation, because just last year, I can swear there were 10 at most, and now there has to be over 100. I don't think we should have to pay for repairs because of something someone else did.

2. Also, the 4th hole in our yard was done around a month ago. When they were finished digging, they filled the hole in with dirt. Apparently, they had quite a lot of excess dirt, and left a pile of plain dirt in our yard. It's not huge, but annoying! We thought they were just waiting a day to fix it because it was getting dark out. We waited a wekk, 2 weeks, and more than a month, and now with snow, they can't fix it. So it looks like we are stuck with a pile of sirt in our yard until next year, when it will soften.

3. The cars and trucks are parked on both sides of the street. However, they are parked on our side of the street, rather than the side they are buidling on. So one side has loads of cars ( and that's the size closest to our house) and the other side has only a couple cars (the side closer to the construction). With the snow here already, and the cars on one side of the street, the snowplows can get one half of the street. The other half they cannot get is the one closest to us. So the street part right by our house is pure mud/slop/slush/muddy snow! It's plain messy and I have a hard time getting the mail!!!! In the summer, they used to occupy both sides of the street, but ever since it's gotten cold, they've switched to the side closest to our house.

4. I live in Illinois, and I am not sure if I can complain about this. When we had the 4th hole dug, the workers were standing in our yard, only 20 feet awway from our house. There was a public smoking law passes last year. We have the in our yard actually smoking, and that bothers me!

I am not trying to sound bratty or anything. A lot of our neighbors have complained already! We haven't found too many reasons to complain until now. I just want to hear from you if any of these are valid to complain to the owner who bought the land.
Sorry this is so long!