Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is there something wrong with my male cat Henri because he follows me...

...around and whines all the time? i've had my cat since he was born and he whines constantly.i dont know why becease he has constant attention.he also follows me around i dont know if it's for attention or what because he whine even when he's getting attention.oh and he's been nuetured so is there something wrong with Henri or not? i also have another cat from the same litter and she only does the whinning part.my cats are short haired black n white(Henri) and a bombay cat(Scout)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some cats are extremely vocal. Sounds like you got two. It doesn't sound like anything physically wrong with them. They eat, drink, use the bathroom okay? If so, sounds like you got a shadow that talks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like my 2 year old granddaughter. He probably likes you very much and whats allot of attention and to be held and cuddle and all the other stuff that it takes to shut him up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe he is wanting the attention, and maybe he feels like he is not getting enough attention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If this is a new behavior then you should take him to the vet for a routine checkup. Be sure to tell them about what behavior changes have taken place and when each began. Sudden changes in behavior can sometimes be indicative of a health issue. If this is how he's always behaved, then I wouldn't worry about it. Some cats are more people oriented than others, and some are more talkative. Two of my six "talk" to me all the time. I find it to be a rather endearing trait, and think it's sweet that they choose to communicate with me in this manner. The same can be said for him following you. I generally have 2-4 cats on my heels wherever I go in the house. They just enjoy the closeness and attention. Again, I think it's a great sign that they enjoy my company and want to be near me. So, a vet trip is in order if it's something new otherwise just enjoy your little lover boy!

Edit - I love Henri's name. One of my black kitties is named Henry. He's quite the lover boy too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had a cat for 15 years that does that. When he was a kitten I thought there was something wrong with him too because I was in college and he REALLY got on my nerves!!!! but he is just very talkative and I think he is really trying to communicate with me. It got less with age.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well my cat actually does the same thing he just loves you very much and loves your attention it shows you take good care of him and hes become very close to you theres nothing wrong at all

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he is eating and drinking as usual he just probably needs some
    extra TLC.Any changes? Such as going on vacation? Cats love a
    set routine.